Greater Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a rainbow inline chlorine feeder that seems to not be flowing correctly..do they make a repair kit to maybe replace that valve?

No kit required. You just replace the valve and use a little teflon tape. But, you often find that something else breaks in the process (the elbow or the hose, something), so I order the whole assembly when I'm replacing a valve. Parts 8, 9, 10 & 11.

parts_feeders_rainbow_320.jpg

Thanks. My pool man has offered to install a brand new one for $120...good deal?

Also pool warranty company just replaced my DE filter with a new pentair FNS plus 60 SQ Ft De filter...the top air release valve is different..how does this one work? Model # 190033..ifigure it twists but didnt want to do it with the pump running...and couldnt find exact instructions on how to do it....

last question, it looks like the de filter while sitting on my concrete pool equip pad is not sitting flush on the stand..maybe my pad is unlevel but it looks like the back of the DE filter is on the found while the front is off the ground a tad..could probably slide a quarter in there....is that putting too much pressure on the plumbing? should i slide a shim up under there?

I think pn 190033 is the owner's manual...

Should just be a twist valve. You turn it about 1/8 rotation and it opens completely. But it doesn't come apart, so it's easy to close again even with the pump on.

You can get that chlorinator for about $60 if you're down for installing it yourself. It's no sweat. If you just replace the valve, hose, and housing you don't even have to do any plumbing.

Do you still release in inline air while the pump is on like my old model? It has a dial to twist and unscrew to open the valve for air release..

Well I will offer pool man 80 to see if he will put it on for me just so it can be done while I am at work..I could probably do it but worth 20 bucks to have it done when I get home.

As for my old DE filter, they left the whole old unit...should I keep it for spair parts? Its about 10 years old but I just replaced the grids about 2 years ago...so they are probably still ok....the case itself is cracked so I guess I could strip everything off that might be worth while...

not sure why the new one didnt come with a stand..the old one sat on a black stand, this one doesnt so it doesnt sit as high..does that matter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.