What is pipe outlet from 2 drains in deep end?

Yellowbug33

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
If I recall when they were building the pool in the deep end there are two drains and I think it was approx. a 2" pipe/hose that connects them that comes up and outside the pool and concrete area to daylight but buried maybe 4-6 inches below ground. Is that to drain the pool if the liner needs to be changed and if so how would you drain the pool completely by using this if that is what it is for?

Hydrostats are typically not used in vinyl liner pools.

Hydrostats are check valves that allow water into concrete pools when water under the pool is higher than water in the pool.

Hydrostats are just a safety mechanism. To actively control ground water, you want one or more well points under the pool that can be connected to a pump to pump out the ground water.

My well point looks a lot like a skimmer basket cover and is right next to my skimmer (except one cover is round and the other is square). The PVC that runs down to the rocks below my pool is probably almost a foot across. Wide enough to drop a small sump pump down there if ever a need.

I can't really see what a 2" pipe would accomplish as a well point?

Yours is another way to do it. Yours is to allow monitoring of the water table and is designed for a submersible pump. What you have is more common for fiberglass pools.

The 1.5" or 2" pvc connects to well points under ground and are designed for a suction pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.