Just had my concrete fiberglass pool resurfaced with gelcoat Before and After (Pics)!

Mar 29, 2015
mocksville
So my pool has been leaking I had been debating on whether or not to get the pool gelcoated or convert it to a liner pool. My pool is a 20ft by 40ft hybrid pool and the sides are fiberglass and the bottom is concrete. The deep end is 11ft.

I ended up getting the fiberglass walls repaired and the pool gelcoated as it was a lot more cost effect. The guy did it for $4800 which I thought was a really good deal. Here is a link to all the pictures below! I am pretty happy with the finish considering the pool is from 1980. I had them totally fiberglass and gelcoat over the lights on the ends of the pool and an old return line hole that is not used anymore because the have had leaking problems in the past and I never used the lights.

Just thought everyone might want to see some pictures!

They just finished today so it has not had time to cure yet.

Pool by jewilki1 | Photobucket

Josh

Looks good! How I envy you that 11' deep end!!

Where is Mocksville??

Thank you! Mocksville is in NC. Ha! the 11' deep end is both nice and bad at the same time. You can easily dive there, but because of it being 11' the pool is about 40,000 gallons. I run a salt system, so it takes about 30 bags of salt to start up the pool again now, plus the chemicals. That is only complaint I have about it being that deep. It is funny though when I initially found out there was a leak I had the leak detection company come out he said 11' deep are you sure this is not a commercial pool. He said he rarely if ever saw a pool that deep in a residential house it was usually commercial when it was that deep.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After 4 days of filling up pool with water again and an entire week of torrential rain I finally have my pool chemicals balanced again and just waiting for my custom pool cover to arrive and be installed!

Here are some pics of the pool filled back up with water after the resurface. I now finally know what it feels like to have a leak free pool! It is a shame that the season has come to an end as this is the nicest the pool has ever been.

New Pool With Water by jewilki1 | Photobucket

So your pool has no lights? Interesting....

Actually it did I had the fiberglass guy fiberglass over them. There was one in the deep end and one in the shallow end. They had started leaking and the wires were corroded from this. It was more money to replace them and get new wires run than to just fiberglass over them. The resurfacing was an unexpected expense as we just bought the house 1 year ago. I would have liked to have them, but I was pretty much tapped out money wise otherwise I would have likely gotten them fixed.

If you want to light the pool just pick up a pond light and drop it in the shallow end. That's what you are seeing in my avatar. My pool has a seating ledge on the deeper end so I dropped it on that.

That is not a bad idea I may do that next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.