Salt water generator and electricity

I am wanting to install a salt water generator for my pool. I have a question about the electrical side of the generator. I have had to remove my pool light from my pool because of a back feed I am getting from the power company transformer. I can measure 6 volts from my ground rod by putting a probe in the ground and one on the ground rod. The only way this will go away is if I am completely disconnected from the pole.
So my question is will the electrical current transfer to my pool?

I am not certain but would think not since most generators require a transformer. This would more than likely be a better question for the manufacturer of the SWG that you intend to purchase.

Was your pool light not properly bonded? I would imagine switching to a low voltage light would remedy the issue with the ground wiring.

The power company engineer can out and side that the ohm on the power pole ground rod wasn't exactly where it should be reading. The only thing I was told is that was as good as they could get it.
I was thinking of having my service power panel changed out (1972 service panel) and make sure it was wired with the ground and neutral on separate bars. The back feed is not only on my home but I have check a friend's home who also has a pool and they are about 8 miles away and he has the same problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.