Pressure side cleaner questions -booster on a 360

Jan 19, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 20k pool with a simple setup. 2hp recirc pump, 48 DE filter, then a PF4 booster pump. No spa. 3 suctions (2top, one bottom), 4 exhaust ports plus a dedicated output for the cleaner.

For some reason, the previous owner had a booster pump pushing a 360. It is over pressurizing the relief on the wall with plenty of leakage at every hose joint, but the 360 was running in the normal range.

It is an old 360 and just died (belt plus body crack). Wondering if I should get the 360 or go with a 280/380.

What concerns me is if I have enough pressure... It is only about 15 ft of mostly copper pipe 1.5".

Am I overthinking this?

Thanks David

Hey David, Welcome to TFP!

If it's in the realm of consideration, I'll make a friendly suggestion to make the move to a good Robot cleaner. They really are fantastic. No booster pumps, leaking hoses, or any such issues to ever worry about again. Just food for thought thought...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.