Where to buy/find umbrella sleeves?

Jun 18, 2007
Redding, CA
Hi,

Where would someone go (online or offline) to acquire an umbrella sleeve with a screw-on or pop-on cap? We're nearing the completion of an in-ground pool that will be pebble tech rather than plaster and not as smooth. We had them make a hole to put in an umbrella sleeve on our sun/play shelf, which they've made out of PVC. It would work, but we would like something more complete/an existing solution for this. They've been doing (great) pools for a while, but never really had anyone inquire about something with a cap when people do request these. I don't mind saving them time researching this myself, and I don't want a hole sitting there, nor do I want to rig something sloppy up myself (or have them do the same).

Please advise of any online sites you might know of where someone can order/obtain one of these. I have no umbrella pole size in mind, but it would need to support something that would be large enough to cover an area of two lounge chairs in the water (on the shelf). I'll bookmark this and check back, but if anyone that knows would be kind enough to email me the information to [email protected], I'd appreciate it. Thanks, and I hope this is the right forum to ask this.

Tim,

We installed exactly what you are speaking of on our tanning ledge. It is the exact same type sleeve that is used for the Volleyball polls that span across the pool. It is a simple PVC sleeve that is inserted during gunite, etc. It has a threaded cap on top when not in use. I would imagine any pool supply store would have them along with most builders. If I have time tonight, I will try and post a few shots of what I am talking about. Good Luck in your search.

You can get them from Plas-Tech in Riverside, CA

They are made by Water-Way and they are part number 540-6700 in white. I got 4 shipped for $122. ($26 each plus tax and shipping)

Plas-Tech is at 951-353-8005
9306 Narnia Drive, Riverside, CA 92503

Tim,

Sorry it took so long but here you go. This is a pic of the sleeve and a pic of my umbrella slid into that sleeve.

88.jpg

89.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.