High Calcium

jlockw

Mar 27, 2009
Split from readings-with-tftestkit-t11064.html Butterfly

Thanks for the instruction on the CH test. I've owned the pool for about 2 years now and the Ph has always been high. It seems like i'm always putting a lot of acid in every week to keep it down!I tried the pool schools tc reduction about a week ago but i guess it didn't work. Should i try it again? Also how do u reduce the CH? The water here has a lot of calcium What do you do?

Re: readings with tftestkit

jlockw,

Based on this post you have the TA down to 85 ppm. Given your higher CH you can try a lower TA of 70 ppm and should also raise your CYA to 70-80 ppm which should let you turn down your IC 40 saltwater chlorine generator (SWG), though your target FC will be a minimum of 4 ppm. That should reduce the rate of your pH rise (and you'd have a pH target of around 7.7). After you do all of that, then you can also consider adding 50 ppm Borates to the pool, but start with the lower TA and higher CYA and see how things go.

You've been having your water tested at Leslie's and I don't trust their readings. Given the amount of white flakes you were seeing, even with your original numbers, I suspect that your CH might be even higher than 400 ppm or your TA higher than 85. It would be good if you got your own good test kit such as the TF100 at tftestkits.com here so you can know what's really going on with your water.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.