New pool-aqua rite question

Sep 20, 2015
Allen,Texas
I am in the process of interviewing pool builders in the Dfw area. One of them mentioned a new interior finish called aquabrite. Said it came with a lifetime warranty and chemical load would be reduced. Anyone out there have information or have this in there pool. If so do you think this is better then a pebbletec type product? Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

how much cheaper is it than pebbletec finish? no reason a properly installed pebbletec finish shouldn't last you 10-15 years (if not more) assuming water quality is kept up.

the finish is not going to have an impact on chemical load, other than a new pool having pH rises. but that's easily handled with additions of muriatic acid, and its cheap too.

the finish looks nice, are you able to see it installed in a recent pool? if you like the way it looks and the price is right, then you should consider it. just don't base that decision on manufacturer issued pseudoscience :) there is a lot of incorrect info on their website "selling" the product. like I said, go see it in person and make your decision based on if you like it or not.

more important is what equipment is in your bid specs? I would recommend posting a full list here for input. there are usually a ton of things the pool builders like to add on that are not needed or wanted (I.e. UV systems, mineral packs, ozone, etc) and sometimes important things that are missing with plumbing, etc. we have a lot of knowledge here, use it to your advantage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.