Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
What type of Chlorine do I enter for pool math? I have a SWG and the type of Chlorine produce is not an option on the drop down for pool math. Any help will be appreciated.

I think I understand the question now. At the top row for FC, the manual chlorine drop-down section simply won't apply to you like it would for non-SWG pools. But near the bottom row (Suggested Goal Levels), you can select SWG and your pool type. After doing that, it will update an FC "Goal" range that is listed next to the FC (row) title back at the top row. Hope that makes sense.

Not is not an option on the FC line.

SWG is an option and that is the correct one to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it! Thanks.

I think I understand the question now. At the top row for FC, the manual chlorine drop-down section simply won't apply to you like it would for non-SWG pools. But near the bottom row (Suggested Goal Levels), you can select SWG and your pool type. After doing that, it will update an FC "Goal" range that is listed next to the FC (row) title back at the top row. Hope that makes sense.

The above is for setting the proper goals, but if you wanted to translate an FC into the weight of chlorine gas which is how SWGs are rated, then use "chlorine gas" in the FC section or in the "Effects of adding chemicals" section. You obviously don't add any of that directly (you set a % ontime instead), but it will tell you that 2 ppm FC in 20,000 gallons is 5.3 ounces weight of chlorine gas. Since most of that FC loss is during the day, one can figure that this amount of chlorine should be generated over 8 hours so that gives a 24-hour rate of (24/8)*5.3 = 15.9 ounces weight or roughly 1 pound chlorine per 24 hours.

Thanks.

The above is for setting the proper goals, but if you wanted to translate an FC into the weight of chlorine gas which is how SWGs are rated, then use "chlorine gas" in the FC section or in the "Effects of adding chemicals" section. You obviously don't add any of that directly (you set a % ontime instead), but it will tell you that 2 ppm FC in 20,000 gallons is 5.3 ounces weight of chlorine gas. Since most of that FC loss is during the day, one can figure that this amount of chlorine should be generated over 8 hours so that gives a 24-hour rate of (24/8)*5.3 = 15.9 ounces weight or roughly 1 pound chlorine per 24 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.