Polyquat question and more...

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I am going to let a pool company blow out my lines and put the cover on my pool. I am going to bring it to shock level myself, and have it to the proper drained level before they get here. So, all I will do is pay them to blow out lines and cover. (I just don't want to deal with it this year and want to know it is done right)

Tell me if what I plan to do is correct:
Before they come I will get it to shock level and let it fall halfway. (I know it will take some coordination with having to know what day they are coming)
Add Polyquat, then do my drain to below returns (I am not sure what chems they add to close and how it interferes with the BBB method we use)
Let them blow my lines and out cover.

Am I missing anything?

Next question... I looked up Polyquat on Amazon and seen nothing that said Polyquat but I did see that everything was an algae preventer with the numerical of 60. Same thing? If so, how much do I need to order for my pool? Specs below.

Last but not least: THANK YOU GUYS so much for all of your help this season! I am a true believer in this method and literally have done nothing but added bleach each day and vaccum weekly. This site is awesome!!!

Here is what I use based on help from other members.

Amazon.com : Kem-Tek KTK-50-0006 Pool and Spa 60-Percent Concentrated Algaecide, 1 Quart : Swimming Pool Algaecides : Patio, Lawn Garden

Allow the polyquat to circulate for 24 hours (keep filter and pump running for 24 hours to circulate in water).

Then allow them to close the pool. Please make sure they do not add any other chlorine products or it will affect the polyquat 60.

Thanks!!! I will order that.

Yes, I ordered 2 for the free shipping ($21.21), and used one at a friends house as we closed him pool. If not, you can always find something else on Amazon to have the free shipping for orders over $35. If you have Prime, should be in 2 days.

Got the local pool store lined up to blow the lines and put cover on only. 95 bucks. Worth it to me to know it is done right and I don't have to tug on cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.