Preparations for closing.

Jul 5, 2015
Northern IL
I have read the closing guide and have a couple of questions...

1. I need to wait until the water reaches 60 degrees before closing. The water temp is currently 68 degrees. Can I shock the pool now, cover it, keep the pump running for a few hours a day, and make sure the FC stays at the recommended level until we fully close it?

2. I am supposed to bring the FC to shock level and keep it there for 24 hours before closing. Do I need to wait for the FC to drop back down to recommended levels before covering and closing?

Hello. Regarding your questions:
#1. You could do that. But if the temp doesn't fall as soon as you had hoped, you may be stuck trying to hold the a higher FC level than required for an longer amount of time that you initially anticipated. Might be a bit of waste.
#2. You do not have to wait for the FC to drop before covering unless you plan to add the Polyquat 60. If you do plan on adding the Poly 60, you will want the FC to drop about halfway down from the SLAM/Shock level first. Too much FC can work against the Poly 60.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.