Keeping up with the weather

Jul 5, 2015
Northern IL
We are in northern Illinois and have had quite a bit of rain lately (enough to make our skimmer consistently overflow). We are purging the water to the pool's correct level but with the heavy rains for several consecutive days I don't know how to keep up with the chlorine levels. There is so much rain water that the floor of the pool needs to be vacuumed daily, the color of the water is off, and the chlorine level drops drastically. The cc levels are staying below .5 as they should (usually about 0 to .2). I'm not sure how to keep up with this now. The rain seems to just wash away the chlorine instantly. Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Last night my levels were...
CYA - 50
FC - 6.4
CC - .2
pH - 7.8

this morning they are...
CYA - 50
FC - 4.8
CC - .2
pH - 7.6
Water temp - 68

Water is very cloudy... Sounds like we MIGHT have a couple of dry days starting today. Seems like it's time to start shocking even though the cc is staying under the .5 mark???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.