New pool! Finishing today!

Apr 19, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
I'm so excited! DB is going in as I type and I went with a dark blue. I started a thread called "Diamond Brite Watercolors" a while back and just now found it again, lol
Question? How would the cured color compare to what it looks like right now? I never found a pool with this finish I could go see in person so I really am holding my breath here :)

And how long does it take for us to be able to go in the pool from this point. I'll try to post a link to my other discussion once I figure out how to do it from my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Diamond brite watercolors

Congratulations!!!!! I know how excited you are! You may have to hold your breath a little longer.... For me, it was really hard to predict the cured color from the just installed plaster color. For mine, the color was lighter after the acid wash. But I have a different brand product, so I can't say if that makes a difference. Also, my pool was filled on July 24th, so almost 2 months ago. I noticed yesterday that the color looks a little more blue now than it did a month ago. So.... is it the changing of seasons; I'm getting more used to the color and like it better; it's still curing so the color is still evolving? I just don't know.

But I understand how you feel! I had tortured for so long over the color choice that I wanted to know the end result - right then!!! But once we began swimming, I found the color didn't matter nearly as much as I thought it would. We just have so much fun playing in the pool.

How long before you can swim? That really depends on your PB. Some want you to wait for a period because of warranty issues with the finish. My PB didn't seem concerned about that and almost made it part of my pool fill instructions: when the water reached half way up the skimmers or waterline tile, Jump In! And I've seen many pool builds here where kids and big kids (adults) were in as the pool was filling.

We used 2 hoses and it took about 36 hours for our pool to fill. It all depends on the size of your pool and how many hoses you have available to use.

Post pictures when you can!!!

Have fun!
Suz.

4e580a891ce548c0d67a76d233d06b15.jpg

Here it is right now...they are prepping to cover it if it starts raining! I hope not!

Thank you for your post, yes it's agonizing! And I want to go in right after it fills lol I have my sister and baby flying in next week to visit so I just want to bs able to have them go in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the color!! Can't wait to see it with water!! It's going to be amazing! I will tell the manger at swg told us if the pool is maintained properly that the color would have less fading etc. That the fading is often times calcium buildup etc. that looks like fading. He spend a lot of time with us answering all our questions about all the different finishes they have there.

Thank you girls!

Thank you for the tips Drey, sounds right about the calcium build up... I really want to keep it a rich color and hope I can keep up with maintaining it that way.

I'll post another pic in the morning or when the water level reaches the tiles :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a good test kit yet? If not look at my siggy for the one we use and love! The test kit will make all of the difference in maintaining your pool to correct way!

I also have a link for you to read. PLEASE know that you HAVE to do what your PB says as HE holds the warranty card so.....what he says goes!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Kim

Kim thank you for the link! I also went on to SGM and both say to NOT add chorine for first couple of days and I want to make sure we fallow manufacture's protocol on this, but my PB said he planned to add some chlorine at the same time as the acid right after turning on the pool pump... That Meeks me uneasy, so I emailed him a copy of the SGM recommendation guide lines and asked what his thought are. I really don't want to ruin a beautiful job and I know the darker colors can be tricky.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.