8.3 Magnitude Earthquake Makes Waves in Argentina Pool

Same thing happened to me during the DC quake a few years back. After i was done rolling around my office in my chair, i ran out to the deck and there was wake in the water. Lasted almost an hour past quake. And that's all the way in South Jersey. I was floored how easy it was to toss around 700,000 gallons.

We didn't feel the Napa quake last year ~60 miles away (well, my son claimed he did after hearing about it, and the cats were a bit agitated), but when I went out later in the morning the metal skimmer cover was half off, and the concrete around was wet. I at first chalked it up to being stupid and forgetting to cover it the previous night, but after another report realized that it must have been from the quake. I wish I had seen it; pretty impressive that there was enough water movement to pop the cover off like that. I guess that's why tsunamis are so powerful; it only takes a tiny shift of the ocean/pool floor to create massive ripples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.