Anyone know this solar powered floating chemical dispenser worth to buy?

Sep 17, 2015
Florida
I found a neat little "solar powered" dispenser on-line, anyone think it worth to buy? It sounds reasonable, the floating dispenser will move around pool by solar power, eliminates the "dead" spot of regular floating dispenser due to stay in one place, and not very expensive though.

Thank you for you feedback!

Hello, and welcome to TFP!

While I can't speak for the quality of this product, I will say that in general TFP doesn't recommend any floating dispenser. This is due to the fact that in general we greatly suggest members avoid using chlorine pucks as they push your CYA level up to the point that a drain/refill is required to fix this issue. The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry article covers this further.

Welcome to TFP!

In addition to not generally recommending the use of TriChlor pucks for the reasons Leebo pointed out, in a pool with proper circulation once the puck melts into the water solution it will quickly get mixed throughout the pool. While some pool do have areas of low circulation which need to be addressed, I'm not sure I thnk a motorized puck dispenser is the answer.

As a new member I would invite you to check out Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.