How much do the pool companies charge for pool cover clean up/ storage?

May 15, 2014
St. Louis, Mo
Hello,

In Spring, the pool company removed our pool cover and took it away to clean it up and store it for the Summer. The cost of the service was $180 and I thought it also included the installation of the cover in Fall. Today, I was informed that $180 did not include installation of the cover. It is my first time doing this so could you please let me know if the price is reasonable for the service? I sure think it is expensive for just cleaning and storing the pool cover. Thanks in advance for your response.

Did the $180 include opening the pool, adding chemicals to "super chlorinate" and store for the summer? If, so that is fine. If you opened the pool or paid another fee, then clearly that is not a fair deal. It is difficult to know based on your State. In NJ, The cost is usually between $150 for a small company to about $300 for Pool Builder. What the pool builder does is take their cut and pay the small guy $150.

Did the $180 include opening the pool, adding chemicals to "super chlorinate" and store for the summer? If, so that is fine. If you opened the pool or paid another fee, then clearly that is not a fair deal. It is difficult to know based on your State. In NJ, The cost is usually between $150 for a small company to about $300 for Pool Builder. What the pool builder does is take their cut and pay the small guy $150.

No, $180 was for storage of pool cover only.

It may seem high, but I you take in to consideration on what is evolved it may not be to far off.

2 men and a truck come to your house and remove and fold cover and drive back to shop.

2 men spread out cover, wash and clean, let air dry

2 men fold cover and put in storage.

storage charge?

I bet your looking at between 2 or 2 and 1/2 hrs time for those guys. So what's a pool co. Hourly rate about?
Even if it's only one guy, I would think there rate would be $ 50 to 65 an hr. with a house call.

If at all possible, store yourself

It may seem high, but I you take in to consideration on what is evolved it may not be to far off.

2 men and a truck come to your house and remove and fold cover and drive back to shop.

2 men spread out cover, wash and clean, let air dry

2 men fold cover and put in storage.

storage charge?

I bet your looking at between 2 or 2 and 1/2 hrs time for those guys. So what's a pool co. Hourly rate about?
Even if it's only one guy, I would think there rate would be $ 50 to 65 an hr. with a house call.

If at all possible, store yourself

The guy from the pool company told me the price included installing the cover in Fall. Now they are saying, installing the cover is extra. I would not agree to pay them $180 for just storing the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.