Debris on pool bottom

Maestro

Silver Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Cape May Court House, NJ
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered...

Now that all of the construction dirt has gone away, I am still seeing some debris at the bottom of the pool. It looks like small pieces of leaves and a bit of dirt and sand. Since it is only in the shallow end about 3 feet in front of the returns, it occurred to me today that it might be coming out of the returns themselves. I am testing it today to see if I scoop it up and remove it whether there will be more there after a 3-hour pumping cycle.

If it is coming from the returns, is that normal, or does it indicate a problem with the filter or the pump? It's a small amount, but since my water is so clean and clear (thanks to this site and all the great advice!), it's annoying to see it there every morning and have to scoop it out.

I still get a small bit of schmutz in the pool even when the cover is closed. It blows in under the retracting end of the autocover, and the jets deposit it in one area only.

We just get out our little PoolBlaster Max vacuum and suck it up. It isn't coming from my system.

Oh yeahhhhhh.. we *love* our Pool Blaster Max. With the autocover our debris is so much less than an uncovered pool, but yet still occasionally needs to be touched up. It just isn't worth the time and effort to drag out that big vacuum hose that goes on the skimmer for such small amounts of schmutz. Works a charm!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.