Total Dynamic Head thru Triton II Sand Filter

Apr 10, 2009
Have been searching all over for a simple answer for calculating Total Dynamic Head. I have all the main components calculated with the exception of Pentais Triton II TR 60 sand filter. I can not find any informatipon for its head loss.

First, welcome to the forum

Second, exactly what are you trying to do and what information do you have?

If you already have the equipment in place, it is much easier to use the filter pressure to calculate head. Note too that head calculations are iterative. Head loss is not constant and depedends on flow rate. Flow rate of the pump depends on head loss. They each create two curves which intersect at only one point. So it is better to determine the system curve for your plumbing and draw it over the pump head curve as shown in this sticky.

However, doing the theoretical head loss calculations from the friction factors of pipe and fittings is quite difficult and has quite a bit of error since there is very little data on the exact loss of each component. There might be a much easier way if you let me know what information you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.