Limestone coping sealing for salt water - Atlanta area - questions & recommendation

istreich

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 19, 2014
Limestone coping sealing for salt water - Atlanta area - questions & recommendation

We just had our Salt water pool installed about a month ago and we have not sealed yet the limestone coping around the pool. Pool is 40x20 and there is approx. 140 sq.ft of coping. A few questions/requests for help:
- looking at the DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Salt Water Resistant Sealer to seal the limestone. Right product or better products on the market?
- coping was installed about a month ago. Do we need to pressure wash it first and does it need to be done professionally?
- are they good companies who can do the sealing in the Atlanta area both high quality work and good price. If so, how much should I expect to pay to do it? and would they do the pressure wash on the same day or does it need to be done the day before to let it dry. And if done by a pro, do they guarantee the work together with Dupont?
- is it a good idea to do it myself otherwise?
- how often does it need to be re-sealed? and is it resealing or HD clean
- rest of pool deck is blue stone? Does it need to be sealed? Only talking protecting stone, not really changing the "look" of it.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Re: Limestone coping sealing for salt water - Atlanta area - questions & recommendati

We have travertine coping and pavers and didn't get sealed quick enough and noticed some erosion within a couple months. This spring I sealed with the Stonetech Saltwater sealer and have not noticed any additional issues. It is easily a DIY job if you have the time and patience. I plan to seal yearly but it is probably overkill, a couple hundred bucks in sealer is much cheaper than replacing the pavers. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.