The Infamous Black Algae - or is it?

Greetings all!

I'm attempting to identify the substance currently residing at the bottom of my diving well. At this point, I've exhausted most of the typical options. Maintaining high levels of chlorine will not reduce, black algae killer has had no effect, and no amount of elbow grease (with a steel wire brush) takes the stuff off the shell.

Does this look like the infamous black algae, or am I looking at a more serious problem?

Thank you for the collective insight!

Diving Well (001).jpg

Diving Well (002).jpg

Greetings all!

I'm attempting to identify the substance currently residing at the bottom of my diving well. At this point, I've exhausted most of the typical options. Maintaining high levels of chlorine will not reduce, black algae killer has had no effect, and no amount of elbow grease (with a steel wire brush) takes the stuff off the shell.

Does this look like the infamous black algae, or am I looking at a more serious problem?

Thank you for the collective insight!
Hello & Welcome to TFP. What FC level were you maintaining, and for how long? It's hard for me to tell what that exactly is in those pictures.

A little history of your pool care would be helpful. How do you chlorinate your pool, and how often do you test. What do you have for a test kit.

Also, please add your pool's details to your signature so you don't get asked about it a thousand times ;)

Have you read any of Pool School yet? If not I highly recommend The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, as well as the details of your Pool's Chemistry.

Also, we do not shock our pools on a regular basis, we SLAM our pools, but only if it's needed.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.