Stone dust in pool & leaking pump

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I had some work done on my coping the other day and the people who replaced my stones made a mess of my pool. They cut all the new stone right by the pool and a lot of stone debris and stone dust got in the pool. I have been running the pump and have had to backlash the filter (sand) several times since this Saturday. I assume that at the cloudy pool will eventually clear, but the pump has been running at least 12 hours a day since it happened.

Yesterday, I noticed that my pump is now leaking. The motor and seal are about 1 year old. Could the stone dust and the pump leaking be connected?

Thanks for your help.

It could certainly be related or only a coincidence. I'd brush the pool to get that stuff floating and into your filter or vacuum it manually if you can. The 280 will pick up quite a bit of it if you have a fine mesh bag on it but certainly it'll grab miscellaneous chunks of stone, too.

It could certainly be related or only a coincidence. I'd brush the pool to get that stuff floating and into your filter or vacuum it manually if you can. The 280 will pick up quite a bit of it if you have a fine mesh bag on it but certainly it'll grab miscellaneous chunks of stone, too.

Agree. I failed to mention I grabbed the goggles and went for a 1-hour swim picking up all the larger stones. The Polaris 280 has been running non-stop and has picked up a lot of sandy material. Is there a "fine mesh" polaris bag?

I have the sand/silt bag. It is much better than the regular bag. Amazon has them pretty cheap. Shop the price because there is a big difference between vendors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.