Valves? Hmmm.

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
I just purchased an AG 18' round pool. I'm planning on changing out the 1.5 inch flex hoses with 2 inch PVC. I'm wondering what valves would I need to install around the area of the pump. Would the pool come with these valves?

I was hoping to just replicate the pool's current valves with the 2" variety, but it doesn't look like they will come with them.

Let me see if I've got this right.

Unions- should go anywhere I plan on taking equipment off for the winter (I'm in NJ).

Valves- go before and after everything I need to clean and take apart, so the pool doesn't empty in the process.

Multivalve(?) -Goes before the pump, so I can hook up a vacuum to it, or an automatic suction type cleaner?

I will not be having any heaters or anything else hooked up. Just an SWC system.

Any diagrams of a simple set up like this for future ease of use? I'd rather "pay now" then have a hard time with it later.

Are the Home Depot type PVC Valves (with the red top levers) good enough for my application?

Sounds like you have the right idea. This is a picture of my set up. Hope it helps.

file.php

Thanks 98. Looks like more pipes than I was expecting. Is that multivalve on the bottom for an additional piece of equipment?

I forgot to mention, I will be having a cartridge filter, so I guess no backwashing, or whatever that means.

Should I still place a multivalve right before the pump for a cleaner?

Their isn't as much piping as it looks. Basically the pipe runs from your skimmer to your pump, out of pump to filter, from filter back to the pool. I added the multivalve after my filter to turn my solar heaters on and off.
I don't think you need a multi valve to hook up a cleaner. Mine just hooks up in the skimmer and I think all of them do.

98xc600 said:
Their isn't as much piping as it looks. Basically the pipe runs from your skimmer to your pump, out of pump to filter, from filter back to the pool. I added the multivalve after my filter to turn my solar heaters on and off.
I don't think you need a multi valve to hook up a cleaner. Mine just hooks up in the skimmer and I think all of them do.

You need a multi valve if you plan to have an infloor or main drain. I have one, and I have to switch the valve to "full" on the skimmer port to use my vacume. Otherwise it's set to 50/50 floor/skimmer regularly. Occasionally I'll set it to full/floor and the kids will make a whirlpool and all the goodies go down the floordrain....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.