Cleaning narrow trough - what to use?

Jun 17, 2014
Austin, TX
I have a weeping water wall feature in which water pours out of the top of the wall and drains into a 6 in. wide and deep trough that is connected to the pool. The trough catches a lot of sediment and debris and it is very difficult to keep it clean.

What kind of equipment would you recommend to keep the trough vacuumed out? I've tried the battery powered spa vacs and they are useless, not having enough suction power. The vac head would need to be fairly narrow to fit, perhaps 4 in. or so.

If you look at my pool.... You will see that I have a whole lot of those narrow water channels around the infinity spa and also the I pool deck and stepping pads.... Looks pretty, but it is a pain to maintain..... I use a plain old plastic broom with stiff plastic bristles and I brush and push the water and sediments to the main pool portion. Then the pool cleaner will pick those sediment up or you can vacume them up.... So far works good for me... I have to brush about every 3 days or so to keep those channels free of stuff and leaves....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.