Dolphin Wave-100 does not climb walls

Sep 13, 2015
Greece
My brand new Dolphin Wave 100 pool cleaner has a hard time climbing the walls to clean the waterline. Specifically, it looks like out of 20 efforts it may manage to climb the wall once. I am certain that the filter is clean because we clean it essentially after every use.

The local distributor has thrown an idea that the reason may be a thin biofilm on the walls (algae precursor??) that makes the walls slippery (the pool water is otherwise crystal clear)

Does that explanation hold any water?

Let me also add that a different pool cleaner from Astral that we tried, did not have any problem climbing at all.

If your model has float devices on the handle, try adjusting them outward, and try angling the handle. Then drop the dolphin in the water upside dwn to ensure there are no air pockets and see if that helps.

I have the M4 Supreme model, and it climbs walls like a champ. But I've heard of others who need to make adjustments to achieve this ;)

If your model has float devices on the handle, try adjusting them outward, and try angling the handle. Then drop the dolphin in the water upside dwn to ensure there are no air pockets and see if that helps.

I have the M4 Supreme model, and it climbs walls like a champ. But I've heard of others who need to make adjustments to achieve this ;)

How often does M4 climb the walls? Everytime, or once every xxx minutes?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.