Is the Intelliflo I received used?

tsoheq

Apr 9, 2009
Hi,

I ordered and received an Intelliflo VF pump and when I opened it, I found (the unit is 3 months since manufacture):

1. water droplets on the inside of the strainer cover, and some on the body as well. The sales/guy said that this is due to pressure testing at the factory. Box is soft due to the water.

2. There are black marks on the bottom of the base which seems to suggest that they have been installed before.

3. There were two user guides inside. One at the bottom of the box, another in a plastic bag that is slipped at the side. The bottom one is brand new, but the other one had dog ears. I found a swimming brochure (not from Pentair) inside the new manual.

However, I found that the wires are clean.

Do you think it is a used unit?

Any pool techs that have installed them seen anything like this?

To their credit they are nice and reply very fast to my concerns, offering me one of three choices:
1. a full credit and return
2. a free exchange, but the next one they will not pay for shipping, and
3. $50 off.

thanks a lot for any opinions and advice. I want to make a decision asap as my current pump has died out.

Condensation is normal. A picture of the black marks you're referring to would help. I'm pretty sure there should be a tag twist-tied to the lock ring on the strainer lid with the usual WARNING! tone. Was that there? That's the first thing I take off. You should only get one brochure, packed in plastic, so that's strange.

Since they're already offering you $50, I'd bet it was previously returned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.