Pool wannabe!

My goal is to make a little backyard oasis with a budget around $20,000 :confused:, not sure if it's possible thus I've begun researching.

I'm living on a hill that slopes away from the home. Backyard has a raised deck attached to the home. Not sure what if anything is underground in the backyard, living in an area that has cesspools, currently only allowed in the front yard but in the past was back also. Property will be very difficult to fence in.

So I'm thinking of a semi inground.

Thinking of a salt pool (if that's what it's called!) I'm guessing gentler on skin and hair.

Am open to any and all ideas/input and especially if you happen to live in the Huntington, NY area as I have no idea what companies to call for estimates.

Thank you!

I can't give you any suggestions on the cost , building, etc. as my pool is an above ground pool on flat ground, but I did want to drop in, and say Welcome to TFP. :wave:

We have a lot of people here who have built their pools on hillsides, etc. who I'm sure can assist you in your quest for answers.

I wish you the best of luck on making your dreams of a backyard oasis come true.

Again welcome to TFP, and have a wonderful day. :)

I don't know how attached you are to your house but sometimes it cheaper to buy a house that may already have a pool. Ask me how I know :D. good luck and welcome.