Leaf cover

Aug 25, 2011
Western NY
We just broke down this spring and bought a heater for the pool. Now is the time we usually close (Buffalo, NY) but with the heater I would love to leave it open until October. The problem is the ongoing leaf struggle... We use a winter mesh cover so I don't have any experience with them. I'm curious if they can be placed over the solar cover and are they "relatively" easy to take on and off? We have a 18x36 inground oval shaped pool. I'll take any suggestions, thanks!!

It sounds like you're in just the same boat as I am in. We're using the solar cover to try to help the heater keep the water around 82° and the leaves are quickly taking over. We use the Leaf cover right over the solar cover just as you are saying. It does add a slight bit of work to remove, but not nearly as much as cleaning off the leaves from the cover. My 5year old daughter and I remove the covers and while some of the smaller debris does end up in the water, the majority is caught by the leaf covers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.