Goldline solar control in AGP

kjcole

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2008
Solon, Iowa
Should I wire my solar controller (Goldline 235) to be powered by my pump timer (AquaTrol panel) or can I leave it powered all the time, since the 3-way valve position doesn't matter when the pump isn't running?

Thanks,

Kelly

I don't think that it matters very much unless you have the GL-235-LV-HV model. The GL-235-LV-HV is designed to over-ride the pump timer and turn the pump on when there is heat available and the pool needs heat. For that to work it has to be wired directly to main power.

Thanks, I believe I have the LV-HV, but since I live in Iowa and open/close well after/before freezing temps I hadn't planned on using the pump override option for freeze protection via recirculate.

I'll see if I have power lugs inside my Aquatrol that I can tap.

Kelly

kjcole said:
Thanks, I believe I have the LV-HV, but since I live in Iowa and open/close well after/before freezing temps I hadn't planned on using the pump override option for freeze protection via recirculate.

The recirculate isn't only for freeazing. It will turn the pump on automatically whenever the panels are able to produce heat.

Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.