Tire Tube as Air Pillow

So I'm tired of buying Air Pillows just to not have them last the winter so this year I'm using a tire inner tube, Amazon should have it here on Thursday. I'm assuming the same thing should apply like the air pillows...don't inflate it 100%, just 50-75% full. Any thoughts

Make sure the valve does not hit the cover. I would think it would work?

That is what I planned on doing

Might make the water smell funny? I think some monomers will leech out a little over the winter.

as long as it smells like pool water after I start putting bleach in the spring. What are monomers and should I be concerned?

Snow is not an issue for me. But I think I would have bought an inflatable raft instead. They're designed for constant immersion and are made out of pretty much the same material as intex pools.

Should have waited to press Checkout till later today... could have bought a raft!

oh well, if my partner gets his way we won't be at this house next spring so any problems won't be mine

Thanks for the replies though! This site has helped a lot even though I barely use the pool (think I was in it but 2 times this season)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.