Tucson Owner Builder

Jul 8, 2015
Sierra Vista, AZ
Hello all,

I'm contemplating going the owner builder route and was curious if anyone in the Tucson area has done it successfully (and willing to share recommended subs)? I believe I have subcontractors for steel/shotcrete and also for the tile/interior, but don't know how to find whoever would do the initial design and structural engineering. Any help would be awesome, thanks in advance!

There are several online companies that can help you with the design and structural drawings. I saw bluepools.com and they have a design service for 199.00 to modify one of their existing designs - not sure what the entire scope covers. They are not in my area of houston.

Let us know how your owner builder experience goes forward - this is something I am exploring too.

I am in the same boat, collecting info for a likely Owner Build in Tucson area (Marana), so I am very interested in how things work for you. There are several companies like bluepools.com that advertise help for owner-builds in Arizona, including byop.net and tucsonpoolplanners.com, - I understand they typically help with the initial design and have a "preferred" list of subs that you can use for a fee, but I do not know if they extend out to Sierra Vista. A neighbor recently did this with a former pb owner helping oversee the construction and identifying subs for a small fee, and his pool turned out great. If you have a couple subs already selected, they can probably refer other subs up or down the chain.

Hi,
I was just wondering if you were successful in building your list of subs for your pool? I would be very interested as I am probably going to be going the owner/builder route as well. I know that you already had some of your subs picked out, and would love to get their names and how happy you were with their work. Any help and insight you could send me would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

Hi,
I was just wondering if you were successful in building your list of subs for your pool? I would be very interested as I am probably going to be going the owner/builder route as well. I know that you already had some of your subs picked out, and would love to get their names and how happy you were with their work. Any help and insight you could send me would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

So I ended up going with a Tucson PB, just wasn't confident enough to go it alone. My build has been held up slightly by permits, my county had only.one inspector lately. I'm scheduled to have excavation start on the 21st. Sorry I couldn't be any more help, if I see good subs they use, I'll pass that on.

There are several online companies that can help you with the design and structural drawings. I saw bluepools.com and they have a design service for 199.00 to modify one of their existing designs - not sure what the entire scope covers. jual vimax They are not in my area of houston.

Thanks for the replies guys. lastdon87 if you happen to see the names of the subs on the sides of the trucks pulling into your site I would really appreciate the heads up. I didn't really intend to go the owner/builder route, but a lack of PB's actually wanting my job since it requires the removal of a buried pool has me against the wall. Thanks for the help.
Ryan

- - - Updated - - -

gwegan, thanks for the web site. I've actually read that whole site. It's like you say a bit dated, but very informative. I think the biggest issue is finding enough quality subs to get multiple bids.
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.