pump speed and SWG - how slow can I run?

Aug 15, 2014
st peters mo
I have been browsing posts here and I see many folks posting very low pump speeds with SWG systems. I have a pentair intelliflow and a pentair IC40 on a 31000 gal pool. When I drop pump speed lower than about 1700-1800 rpm, i get low flow errors from the SWG. Is that to be expected? I see lots of folks posting here about running pump speeds much lower with SWG systems. Makes me wonder if something is wrong with my SWG....

It's going to depend on several factors including the brand and model SWG you are using, plumbing configuration, type and size filter, and even how long since you cleaned or back washed it. About all you can do is try lowering the pump speed 100 rpm at a time and see how low you can safely go. My system, it's about 1200 rpm.

It really depends on your pool and how many things the pump needs to support. My pump is to support all the returns, skimmers and an infinity spa...... With lower than 2400 RPM... The pool is not happy, the skimmers are barely auctioning and the spa barely overflow.... So, many of the friends here runs much lower speed and much shorter time, which I am jealous of.... But I have to keep my pool clean and all the functions working properly... So 2450 minimum.... I actually run at 2850 RPM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Depends on head loss and plumbing efficiency on your equipment pad. The heater is going to cause some loss. I run mine at 1100 rpm, 150 watts. No heater ... yet. It is on the list. There are pics of my equipment pad in my build thread, link in sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.