Reenforcing the Liquidator float assemby.

keithw

Mar 30, 2007
Virginia Beach
As I had posted in an earlier thread, at the beginning of this third season with the LQ one of my float assemblies gave out. I noticed that was loose on the container and when I attempted to tighten it down, the threaded post just separated from the float frame. I dissembled my other float and noticed that at that joint the coloration was much lighter than the rest of the float assembly as well. The chemicals just break the plastic down after time. But I think that I have solved it for a few more seasons. I filled the open space inside the float assembly with plastic epoxy. It looks like it will solve the problem. I would recommend doing this at the end of your second season.

IMG_9408.jpg

Plastic parts are not normally affected by the chemicals inside the Liquidator. If the plastic is lighter in color near a joint is is probably a weak spot caused by repeated stress. Colored plastic will tend to turn white in areas that are flexed over and over again as the plastic starts to weaken.

Regardless of the cause, your solution should take care of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.