LifeTime Supporter
Oct 4, 2014
Villa Park, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m going back to my trichlor bucket -- for a week or two. I’ve been burning through CL during the day even though my CYN is 50, or so I thought. I got some R-7065 50 ppm CNY standard to “calibrate” my testing and found I was reading high. I turned off the Stenner for now and plan on using some of my old 3” tabs to add 10 ppm. When I added dry CYN, I needed to wait a week for a valid reading. Is this the same for the tabs, or will the CYN correctly register as soon as they dissolve?

I think anyone that’s the least bit concerned with their CYN testing ability should get some 50 ppm standard and do training. I’ve spent far more on wasted CL this summer than what the R-7065 cost.

The 3" pucks vary some in weight and composition but as a rule, in your 30k size pool you can expect the CYA level to rise by about 1ppm for each puck you use. So you can just count how many you use and start testing to fine tune as you get closer to your goal.

Without posting your full test results, I don't know how much addilinal CYA you need, but a couple weeks of using trichlor isn't going to make a huge addition in CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.