Leave cover with heat conservation

Jun 18, 2015
Murfreesboro
I have a brand new pool with gas heater, just opened this week. What will be the best approach for leaf cover. Should I get a pool blanket (like a bubble rap available online) that will cover the pool to keep water warm and conserve gas heater bill. Can it be used as a leave guard during the fall or should I buy a separate pool cover for leaf.

Any cover is just going to collect leaves on it that you will have to scoop off.
You can either get the "solar covers" that are the bubble type which will help lower the heat loss at night or something more permanently installed. Either way, they end up dumping the leaves in when you try to remove the cover.

If you don't plan on swimming any more for the season, just waiting for the water to cool to 60 before closing, then your best option is to put on the winter cover and keep running the pump, chlorinating, until you're ready to close. That will keep the leaves out of the pool and actually help the pool cool down faster if it's a cover that does not rest on the water, like a safety cover.

- - - Updated - - -

We've gotten a few warmer days this weekend and into this week so I'm leaving mine open for now. Most likely next weekend, I'll be putting the safety cover on but still maintaining the pool until the water hits below 60 for closing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.