Pipe leak??

To me it looks like the leak is coming from the pressure gauge in the top image. That should just be a matter of removing the gauge, removing the teflon tape, cleaning the threads then new teflon and reinstall the gauge. Just don't over tighten.

Bottom pic, cannot tell what is leaking. See some water on top of the outlet fitting but is that coming all the way down from your multiport? or elsewhere?

Same here, but I would suggest installing a new quality gauge if you are going to go to the trouble of removing and replacing it, most of the standard pool company gauges are rather cheaply made to say the least. Check out the much better quality gauges at tftestkits.net they are only $11 plus shipping and WAY better than the stock gauges

That is similar to my set up. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 2 piece that you have circled are glued PVC pipe and fitting.
And your saying that it is leaking where the 2 are glued together. If that's the case, you may be able to take some PVC glue and spread it in the joint where the water is. It should drip in the crack and melt the two pieces together again.

I had a PVC pipe leak at a fitting once and this worked. It's easy to try anyway.

Ahhhh! In that case, it appears the PVC is going into a male adapter which then screws into the pressure side (top) of the pump. Perhaps the original glue failed a bit between the fitting and the pipe. I suppose you could try any number of epoxy resins to see if you could keep a seal on that spot. That may/may not work. You'd have to leave the pump off for a while so the epoxy could cure as well (pressure pushing out). Depending upon how much it's leaking, some might just leave it. Depends on if it's a severe leak or just s small nuisance dripping. In all cases though, the textbook, ideal method would be to simply get a new fitting, a small bit of PVC pipe, and just replace that portion. One thing you never want is for that pressure side pipe to come flying out of there and lose your water.

If the leak is where that arrow is someone did not put that glue joint together right, or more likely used the wrong kind of PVC glue, those black pump fittings are CPVC and the pipe is PVC so you have to use the special "universal" CPVC / PVC glue (usually comes in a red label can), not the more common PVC to PVC (blue, green, black, etc. label) or CPVC to CPVP type glues (orange label).

If the leak is where that arrow is someone did not put that glue joint together right, or more likely used the wrong kind of PVC glue, those black pump fittings are CPVC and the pipe is PVC so you have to use the special "universal" CPVC / PVC glue (usually comes in a red label can), not the more common PVC to PVC (blue, green, black, etc. label) or CPVC to CPVP type glues (orange label).

Nice catch! Brilliant ! The right glue is the key.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.