Spa drains into pool when pump stops

I have a spa that spills over into the pool. I want about 20% of my return water going to the spa to chlorinate the spa and produce a nice waterfall; thus 80% of the return back to the pool.

When I shut off the pump, the spa drains down to the water level of the pool. I can hear the water trickling by the return valve actuator. I replaced the check valve already and new o-rings in the actuator valve.

When I turn the valve actuator to return 100% to the pool, it does not drain the spa; in this mode, this also means no clean chlorinated water goes to spa and no waterfall from the spa spilling over into the pool.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 73.jpg
    FullSizeRender 73.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 38
When you replaced the check valve did you make sure it is plumbed in the right direction. I have the same check valve also and it works great, but they can be on in the wrong direction

But if it was plumbed in the wrong direction it wouldn't send water to the spa.... Spoke before I thought about it. Lol

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.