Hello from Rome NY

Welcome to TFP. A wonderful community!

Maybe this will convince her. I never knew what "Crystal Clear" water was until joining TFP. Testing is a must with one of the recommended test kits. Wife now will not enter other pools, because she understands. BTW, so do the children.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0754 (2).jpg

Full page photo.jpg

Very nice looking pool and entertainment area.
I am already breaking free, didn't do my weekly shock. Dipstick (yes dipstick until spring, it is NY) showed 3 or 5 FC and same for TC. CYA of 40.
I know it is all a guess at this point. Going to be cool all week. Did add three smart silk sticks to the skimmer.

Will be buying test kit in the spring.
My TH also went up thx to TPS giving me calcium hypochlorite when I already had a TH of 370. One pound and nothing else bumped it to 443.
No worries. Looking forward to the spring already.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure if I should start a new thread or not.
Just opened the pool, crystal clear.
Jumped in yesterday at 58 degrees....
Will post dipstick levels when I get a chance...and yes I'm buying the kit.

didn't save my edits, adding photos and readings from dipstick :)

5/1/16 opened
added 2" rain, 4" softened water (not idea but better than hard with iron. 7.6 pH and TA of 160)

5/6/16
TH 250
TC 3
FC 3
PH 6.8-7.0 (was 7.2+ before water added)
TA 120
CYA 0-30 (same as opening)

Added 2# Bioguard smart shock
Pump on 24/7.
Jumped in at 60 degrees yesterday, refreshing!!!
Pump on for 12 hours/day now.

Beautiful pool! How do you like the size of it? Is it as huge as it appears in the pics? Sorry for the off topic questions, but I'm about to order a pool myself, but I keep going back and forth between 27' & 30' even though i thought id settled on 27' smh I need to get it done today so I can get it here & installed by memorial day. I live in the boonies & there's no where with the different sizes up on display & for some reason a circle on the ground just doesn't do it for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support