Another in Texas - Cypress

Aug 12, 2015
Cypress
So we're moving along and trying get designs we like and bids. So far the closest we've come is this one but it still doesn't have... something. Opinions, improvement suggestions?

Edit: I think I have the pictures fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice. Although after I clicked on the links it made me log into Flickr before showing me the images because they were flagged as "adult content" for mature audiences or something to that effect .... so I wasn't sure what kind of pool pictures to expect .... :shock:

Okay, I'll try again. I tried Photobucket but I'm using the apps from my phone and it kept crashing so I switched to Flick'r. I'll try doing it differently.

Is Photobucket and Flick'r the only options? Photobucket has a craptastic app that keeps crashing and Flick'r will only give me the URL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oi lol Isaac! I went back and looked at the first picture because I didn't understand why it would be flagged. Oh boy. Now that's all I can see - hubby too. [emoji23] lol

So the decision now becomes to continue with that design and have our own private joke since visitors are unlikely to see that without having the drawings, or redesign it so it resembles a vital male part of the anatomy a lot less.

Decisions decisions...

It also mildly resembles a rocket ship... Hmm... Lol

Finally got the pictures to display correctly.

What do you plan to use the pool for? Reason I ask is there doesn't appear to be much shallow end area. We moved our spa to the deep end and gave up the sun shelf so we'd have more area to play in the shallow end.

Just something to think about.

Good luck!

Actually it's almost all shallow. We're only going to 5'5'' in the deep and the slope won't start until after the sun shelf ends. We want the shallow end and the spa closest to the covered patio but we did think about having it in the deep end.

It's still missing something though.. I don't know. We've seen a few designs and like this one best (besides our adjustments to the designer somehow ending up with it looking like a body part) but we still aren't getting the excited we love it feeling. Sigh.

What kind of equipment (going SWG) should we be looking at with this? Looks like most builders around here use Hayward.

The pics are fixed. Good job!

I see what you say about something missing. I am not sure what.......................Do you have a pic of the yard without the pool? that might help if we can see what you are working with.

Kim

All joking aside, I would look at moving the spa to the other end and flipping the baja shelf to where the spa is. That way people on the baja don't have their backs to most everyone on the deck. Or you could flip flop the baja and the spa.

But I agree with you-something is missing. And I would probably get rid of the curved part of the deck if you leave as is.

Yea, what Marla said. My first though was, coming from the deck of the house your eye would catch the back of the lounge chairs on the sun shelf instead of the open pool. I don't know much about pools, but in reading on here, dreaming of my future in ground pool, several people have mentioned too many waterfalls can be overly noisy. Looks like you have quite a few, so may want to keep noise level in mind. I would go with curves or straight lines, but not both, maybe just the curve on the back wall with the falls. The seating around the pool deck looks spread out and not much room for more than two or 3 people in one place. Depending on how you plan to use your pool, that may be fine or not. With this set up, you really don't get to take advantage of the covered patio you already have to sit in the shade and watch people in the pool, especially if you have kids. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be beautiful and you will love it!

Those are good suggestions! I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what I can come up with.

I do have kids including an autistic son that loves a sun shelf and the spa but doesn't go in the pool much. The other (twins) is a monkey that lives to jump, climb, and swim. I also have teenagers that live to lounge. Trying to please everybody and have the best view possible.

I will post pics of the yard.

We have kind of a funky shaped yard and I'm wanting to keep it on the long side closest to the front gate of the house to preserve room for the existing playset and trampoline.

Wow, your yard looks like a great kids place already and will be so much more fun with a pool! Your son with Autism will likely be swimming before the end of the first pool season since it will be "his" pool. With all you have going on, I would definitely make sure I could see the entire pool while standing on the back porch, even better if from the window in the house. (Not that you would ever think of going inside, even for a second, while your kids were in the pool! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.