Snow on my cover!!!

goeasy

Sep 12, 2015
perkasie, pa
I switched to a mesh cover last year on my in ground pool. When I closed the pool I used four tractor tubes spread evenly under the cover...six or eight would have been better. The tubes were great until the snows began in December and never melted until March. The snow and ice got thicker and heavier, pulling the cover closer to the edge. The tubes held up ok. Any ideas as to how to remove the snow before it builds up? Or has anyone tried stacking the tubes by 2 or 3 to build a pyramid type structure? Thanks for any suggestions.

Up north we have a device called a roof rake. It would probably work okay for what you are trying to do.

Here is a picture of one in action. View attachment 42762

I was thinking of that as a suggestion as well. Most of them have rounded corners and edges but be careful when using one of those so you don't damage the cover. They can damage shingles when used improperly so could damage a cover too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.