Algae under bubbler housing

Apr 11, 2015
La Vernia, Tx
My wife noticed algae underneath the plastic housing on our baba shelf bubbler today. Our numbers have been good and we've been using the TFP method since about a couple of weeks after our pool was finished this summer. Our numbers have been good and never below the minimum target values. Today, we have a CYA of just below 50, Cl of 5.5 (adding a little bleach now), and pH of 7.7 (will decrease it today).

Is the bubbler housing supposed to get water in it? I would think that it should be water tight, but if not the water probably does not circulate enough to keep it from blooming.

Can I remove the housing without draining he pool below this level? If so, how?

Will SLAMming get rid of the algae without being able to get to it and scrub it away/treat it with a little bleach?

We sent a message to our PB a few minutes ago, but I always get quicker and better advice from here. Thanks.

Eric

I read the same thing happening to someone else with their bubblers. I can't find the thread right now sorry!

One thing I would do while waiting for someone that knows bubblers is go buy a turkey baster and a small bottle brush so when you get this algae cleared up you can keep it from coming back. Turkey baster is to be able to squirt 50/50 bleach water down into the bubbler holes. The brush is to try to keep from having to take the bubblers out. Maybe you can just brush every once in a while.

kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.