Stabilizer sock

Not sure why it must be organic ... should it be gluten free too? ;)

Most of use use any white cotton athletic sock. Or I use a t-shirt if I need to add a lot. It just needs to be something to hold the granules while they dissolve.

In 2007 Chem Geek (TFP Expert) wrote, "While some chemicals (notably Cal-Hypo) are incompatible with Trichlor that may be remaining in the inline chlorinator, that is not true for cyanuric acid or related cyanurate products. However, the sock material is organic so I'd make sure there's no Trichlor in the chlorinator when you put in the sock."

Note - I did not bump that thread or any others pertaining to a sock but I wondered about the organic part.

That quote referred to an "inline chlorinator" not a floating dispenser. Inline chlorinators are plumbed in at the pump room so have strong flow rate when the pump is on. That quote is not relevant to this discussion since the OP isn't talking about putting Trichlor in a sock but rather CYA and that's OK to do. It's concentrated Trichlor that should not be combined with organic material. CYA is different since it does not contain chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.