New Pool owner here. First post.

jaybob

Sep 10, 2015
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Hello. New Pool Owner here from Iowa. As you can see it was kind of a pig in a poke when I aquired the property. I now have a new liner installed and am working through some leaky plumbing issues. I hired a pool store to do the liner and get me set up. Before I found this website of course. I am now trying to learn about my chemistry and with the initial knowledge I have gained I have been able to keep it mostly clear so far. I wired up all of the equipment and light myself and yesterday I was digging up return lines and following the stream of clear water in the dirt to find my leak. Looking forward to next season as I will be closing up soon.
1441911107.jpg
1441911130.jpg

1441911146.jpg

Attachments

• 1441911104.jpg
    1441911104.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 1441911134.jpg
    1441911134.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 28
Jay! Nice to see you! I love what you have already done! That is such a pretty area for a pool.

How is the wall doing when it rains? Does it keep the water out of the pool?

Were you able to find the leak? That was a lot of digging you poor thing-----shoulders, back and hands must be hurting! I hope there is some beer in the 'fridge waiting for you!

Kim

Hi Kim. The wall is tiled and the drains come out below grade from the pool so no trouble yet. How astute of you to notice. I have only owned the house since May.

I have indeed found the leaking line. Thank goodness it is not under concrete. I still need to make the repair. Too much work at the real Job is getting in the way!

If I run out of beer will you voulnteer for some Physical therapy??
:stirpot::snorkle: