2 day old pool with no flow, no chlorine problem

Hi Guys,
After 2-3 months of construction for our vinyl-lined pool it finally got handover on Thursday (specs in signature). The start-up with the technician seemed to go well - water quality, chlorine level, etc was right. I am mostly a pool newbie so was just following as best I could.

I was told to leave the pump running over night and turn off in the morning and then switch to auto operation ready for it's 8am startup. All good. But when I went outside at 8.30 the pump was off.

Cutting a long story short, since that initial startup, whenever I turn the pump on it cuts out after its 3 minutes with the "no flow" message. And at that point I had not touched a single thing except switching the pump off and pushing the auto button.

Reading all the manuals, the water seems to be flowing very well (fully primed), covering the cell fully, I've checked the wires to the cell, cleaned the skimmer, pump basket, also backwashed as the pressure was high.

Also, when the pump is running (for that 3 mintues before the safety cuts it out) I am getting a zero chlorine production level reading on the LCD panel.

So in the afternoon I decided to check the water and had to do it twice as chlorine wasn't even registering in the test kit.

Any ideas? Faulty components? This is a brand new 1 day old system. The pool guy can't come back until Monday and had no idea what they problem might be over the phone.

Thanks, Jeff

Can't help with the mechanics, but get some chlorine in the water. Bleach or whatever you can get your hands on. Brush the pool after adding it to mix it well. You don't want a green pool on top of a pump problem.

So the pool guy came. Once he turned the pump on to see that there was a problem, he immediately replaced the cell. Everything is working as it should now.

He said he thought it might be the sensor in the cell that was faulty but couldn't be 100% sure until they test it back at the store.

Anyway, all is good now (crossing my fingers) and thanks for your advice regarding maintaining the pool over the weekend while I waited to have the issue resolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.