Whattheheck?!?! A cloud of who-knows-what poofed out of my pool jets this morning

Sep 11, 2015
Scottsdale/Arizona
I'm not only tackling cloudy pool/algae/chemical issues but now I have a NEW PROBLEM:
There are three jets in my pool and I usually only notice a current from one of them. When I started the filter pump this morning, the two other jets started doing their thing. At first a cloud of who-knows-what poofed out of them. One of the jets bubbled for a few seconds too. I immediately dumped a gallon of bleach into the pool. Ok, that's a lie...I took a picture first, THEN dumped bleach into the pool.
View attachment 42654
The water is an odd color in the photo but is actually a beautiful clear blue today. Plus a cloud. Does anyone have an educated guess as to why this happened and what the heck the cloud is? --> My guess is algae, but why was it in there?? Thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 49
Kelly I would like to ask a couple of questions to make sure I understand.......you say you have 3 returns BUT you have only noticed flow from one in the past. Do you know if there was ANY flow from the other two? Could you feel anything when you held your hand in front of them?

How long have you been in the house? Was the pool there or did you have it built.

Kim (LOVE your name for your cleaner! CUTE!)

Most dead algae is not easily trapped by a sand filter (< 20 microns) so you might try adding some DE to the filter, capture the dead algae and then backwash. Assuming of course all the algae is actually dead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.