Biloxi, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I added salt and hooked up my salt water chlorinator (aquatrol hp). I have it set on about the lowest setting for producing chlorine and my pool is at 12fc. My cya is 50, a bit low but i dont want to raise it as i fear that will cause less fc loss during the day and I'll have even higher fc levels.

Also my salt strips read a very low level of salt (780) but i dumped and mixed up 200lbs of salt for my 7000gallon pool. That should have been plenty.

How often are you running your pump? If your FC is too high, simply cut down the number of hours you're running the pump. The AquaTrol produce 0.75 lbs (12oz) of chlorine per day.

If you do lower your pump run time, then you should increase your CYA to at least 70ppm. It will protect the chlorine better and allow you to run the SWG for less time thereby getting more time before replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for test strips, those are not terribly accurate and can easily go bad from exposure to humidity. 200lbs of salt in 7000 gal should have put you exactly where the cell needs to be. If the cell is happy and producing chlorine, then ignore the strips. A Taylor K-1766 salt test kit is more accurate if you think you'll need to test for salt a lot and it costs around $30 retail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.