Water temperature difference between heat pump and prologic

VinceL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 28, 2012
Newton, NC
We have had our pool since October 2012. Up until this year there has been a small (1-2 degrees) difference between the water temperature reported by the AquaCal heat pump vs. the water temperature reported by the ProLogic. The water temperature sensor for the ProLogic is in the pipe just before it goes into the heat pump.

This summer the temperature difference between the heat pump and ProLogic is running 5-6 degrees. Is there a way to recalibrate the temperature sensor on the heat pump or the ProLogic? I have looked through the manuals and not been able to find any way to do it.

I guess the other "solution" would be to replace the temperature sensor(s). Do they develop inaccuracy over time? It would be quite easy to replace the sensor that feeds the ProLogic. I suspect it would be much more difficult to replace the sensor in the heat pump (although I haven't taken off the front panel to have a look).

Since I don't know of a way to get the water temperature inside the pipe, I don't know what the true temperature is in order to determine which sensor is inaccurate.

Anyone else had this problem? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.