Cartridge filter Ring Bursted

akhil

Jun 8, 2015
Irving, Texas
I have a Cartridge filter- Pentair Pool Product..
I dont know the model number as it is not mentioned on the filter (the sticker on it mention 5 model- CC50, CC75, CC100, CC150, CC200).

Yesterday evening there was a crack in the ring (which lock the filter) and there was water leaking out of it and pool water was half empty.

I'm relatively new to the pool.
1) Can someone please let me know how can there be a crack in the ring?
2) If it is because of the high pressure shall I change the Cartridge filter. Exactly which Cartridge should I by (50sq/ft, 75sq/ft, 100sq/ft, 150sq/ft)?
3) How often shall I change the Cartridge?

I appreciate someone's feedback. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Aj

AJ, there are a few details that come into play with your question. First the filter housing ring that broke. I'm assuming that is the metal/aluminum ring that goes around the belly of the filter housing and secures the top to the bottom correct? It could've broken for any numbers of reasons, but the two that really come to mind are "age" and "stress fracture", perhaps from not being tightened or secured properly at some point in the past. That's a shame, but things like that do happen. All you can do is look for your filter housing model number, do some on-line searches and order a replacement. That should be a relatively easy fix.

Filter housings are made to support the pressure generated by the pump. All of that should've been sized properly, so I doubt that even if you had a dirty filter it would've cause a failure to that ring. As for the filter size, if you can't find a model number anywhere (even on the outer housing), then at least measure the length (height) of the filter and its circumference. Then you can go to Amazon on-line or your local pool store and search for cartridge filters that size. I did that for mine (on-line) and got my filter for about $50.

I hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.