i want to get Plastered (at least my pool table.)

Sep 11, 2015
henderson, nv
Hello, just finishing my pool. plastering was 7 days ago. I have a pool table. I recently discovered that the bottom surface of the table (concrete) was not plastered. it is uneven and pitted. I spoke to my PB and he said he builds them all this way and there is no problem with it. He said you can't see the bottom so there is no cosmetic issue.

I am concerned that the pool table will deteriorate with time as the concrete is not sealed and I have a salt pool. The bottom surface will be in water. Can concrete leach elements into the water? How do we correct this other than to partially drain the pool, but I have new plaster, how long before this can be done, and not damage the new plaster?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP. I can't specifically answer your question but someone will be along shortly. It's still pretty early.

We'd love to see any pictures you could share of your new pool. Again, welcome to TFP.

All that said, it could be an easy DIY to plaster it, especially since appearance doesn't matter. Put a tarp on the water surface to collect your spillage if attempting it.

We also have a table but it's not concrete. We did travertine and sealed it. It's not plastered either.
2d10cbe41660e91d4b5aeb22fd387512.jpg

Hello, just finishing my pool. plastering was 7 days ago. I have a pool table. I recently discovered that the bottom surface of the table (concrete) was not plastered. it is uneven and pitted. I spoke to my PB and he said he builds them all this way and there is no problem with it. He said you can't see the bottom so there is no cosmetic issue.

I am concerned that the pool table will deteriorate with time as the concrete is not sealed and I have a salt pool. The bottom surface will be in water. Can concrete leach elements into the water? How do we correct this other than to partially drain the pool, but I have new plaster, how long before this can be done, and not damage the new plaster?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Okay, submitted this in 2015, now the bottom of the table has rust stains I assume from the Rebar that is wet from absorbing water thru porous concrete. Does anyone still think that I don't need to have it plastered????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.