Add more salt?

Re: Pentair Salt water chlorine generator question.

It is best to start your own new thread when you have a question.

I would add more up to 3200 ppm since that is what Pentair says is ideal. But, it isn't a priority if the SWG is working fine, making chlorine and not giving a low salt warning light. Definitely, grab a bag or two next time you are at the store.

I like to do my own salt test and not rely on my SWG reading because while the device doesn't read salt level correctly, it works just fine. In doing my own tests I am assured of the level and don't over or under dose by mistake.

Taylor's K-1766 Salt test kit is my test of choice.

Definitely do not rely on the salt test tabs. I found the SaltDip Digital Pool Water Chemistry Tester SaltDip Digital Pool Water Chemistry Tester
Sold by: In The Swim Pool Supplies on Amazon and it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are generally not fans of digital tests. They require frequent and accurate calibration to keep them reporting numbers close to reality ... and even then there is no way to be sure it is not spitting out a random number.

Generally what is important isn't to carefully measure and maintain a specific salt level. The goal is just to keep the SWG system happy and generating chlorine. Sometimes as the cell is at the very end of its life I can get a false low salt reading, but other than that I just go by the control panels reading. Salt tests aren't very accurate anyway, so what's the point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.