Sick of buying new ozonator due to back flow check valve failure.

Bucky, my wife has RA and she takes medication to lower her immune system. So the ozonator is an additional safeguard so she can enjoy the therapy of the hot tub safely. Isaak, I replace the tubes every 6 months.

I just wish I could find a more reliable, longer lasting check valve. Spending $100 when a $5 part fails get's old fast. I even go to the trouble of making sure there is a complete loop of tubing above the water line.

Hi Old Pool Man,

Yes, I have looped the tubing so that it touches the top of the fiberglass shell but it does not help. When the check valve fails, water get's in the line and kills the ozonator. My setup matches the diagram, except the check valve is on the siphon injector side of the loop. However I think this time it may not have killed the ozonator. The GFCI was tripping so I opened ti up and saw the water in the line, so I capped the tube and unplugged the ozonator. Today I tested the ozonator without the tubing connecting it to the plumbing and it ran for a long time without tripping the GFCI. I need to find a check valve so I can test it. Mail order is so slow.

hartford_loop copy.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.